QA Engineer [JMeter/SQL]
Project / Role:
Our client is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute QA strategy and execute on it to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing, improving and executing test strategy, test plans and tests. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
The QA technician role plays an important part in our client's product development process. Their ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
* Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
* Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
* Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
* Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
* Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
* Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing features to meet client needs
* Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product manager) to identify system requirements
* Monitor end-to-end QA process
* Report results of QA function regularly
* Investigate the causes of non-conforming software
* Track quality assurance metrics
* Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
* You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
* Proven work experience in software development
* Proven work experience in software quality assurance
* Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
* Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
* Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
* Hands-on experience with automated testing tools (e.g. JMeter)
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
* Experience with performance, load and/or security testing is a plus
Nice to Have(s):
* Knowledge of SQL would be beneficial
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Reference No.: 917247FK
Role: QA Engineer
Industry: Global Food Industry
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent