Software Engineer [C#/.NET/ASP.Net/.NET Core]
Project / Role:
Our client is Ireland's leading life insurance and Pensions Company, offering pensions, investments, life assurance and financial planning services.
Our client is looking for an ambitious individual with strong potential and self-motivation, who has the people skills to perform in the continuous customer-facing aspect of this role. They want someone who is curious and has a desire to learn, to gain an understanding of our business and use that to effect positive change. This is a great opportunity to be part of dynamic IT team and to work directly with business users in an organisation on an exciting growth trajectory. Our client has an ambitious roadmap for their administration platform, website, digital and automation systems and application development. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on the latest developments and innovations.
* Develop value-added software solutions/applications using appropriate technologies to meet the specific needs of business areas within our client's Health Business in a flexible and agile manner.
* Apply principles and practice of software engineering in the design, development, maintenance, and testing of software & systems to ensure high quality output and accurate delivery of business functionality.
* Integrate systems, packages, applications, and platforms to maximise straight-through-processing, reduce business risk, and improve efficiency.
* Maintain and provide second, third, and out-of-hours support for our clinet's Health systems.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to focus on the customer and deliver to deadlines
* The ability to absorb information and get up to speed quickly with business processes and systems
* Drive & resilience to take initiative
* High levels of dependability, flexibility, enthusiasm, supportiveness, involvement, openness, and clarity
* Strong experience with C# and .NET platform including .NET Core.
* Experience with ASP.NET (ASP Core) using MVC framework.
* Understanding of SQL/Entity Framework and API concepts.
* Ability to perform unscripted subject related triage and leverage established technical knowledge not available in knowledgebase.
* Ability to work within deadlines and to service level agreements
Nice to have:
* 2-3 years' experience in a similar technical support role, ability to demonstrate Open Source or personal projects
* Third Level Qualification.
Reference No.: 916851FK
Role: Software Engineer
Industry: Financial Services
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent