Our client is Europe's leading independent developer of products based on PC architectures. Designs vary from low power embedded computing modules to Super Computers using scalable multiprocessor architectures. They are the leading world-wide independent developer of UEFI, Server Management and device driver software and is a firmly established name with the leading PC / Storage / Server OEMs worldwide.
Role is a Senior Embedded UEFI / Linux Engineer working in platform UEFI development and Server Management. The roles incorporates the full software development life cycle from requirements planning and analysis to design and development, test and support, using best in class development processes. Roles are for an Embedded Engineers with several years' experience developing large systems, with a good understanding of hardware.
* Primary Degree in Electronics, Software Engineering or related fields.
* 5-10+ years' experience in Software Development in an embedded environment
* Excellent knowledge of C, especially in developing embedded or real-time software.
* Knowledge of X86 BIOS in particular UEFI essential.
* Experience with codebases from at least one of the main BIOS providers, ie Phoenix, Insyde, AMI or Core Boot.
* Embedded Linux experience and adaptions for new hardware, an advantage. This includes U-Boot, kernel installations, filesystems, BusyBox, drivers, real time extensions.
* X86 Server management including BMC, IPMI, power management an advantage.
* Good knowledge of processor technology, especially X86 architecture. ARM an advantage.
* Large systems debug experience and strong problem solving skills essential.
* Good organizational and communication skills in English.
* Permanent, full time employment.
* Salary range - competitive
* Flexitime and paid holidays
* Company Pension contributions
* Health Insurance
* Relocation package