Our client, a leading global financial services company, are seeking to hire a highly experienced Security Network Operations Manager (EMEA) to join its innovation hub in South Dublin on a permanent basis.
The IT Security Manager will manage a team that manages and maintains the day to day IT security operations and system change lifecycle of critical security devices and tools. This includes DNS, DHCP, IP Address Management, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SSL VPN, and Web Proxy servers. This regional manager will have a team based in Europe and North America, focusing on supporting systems in Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
This role will be perfect for someone looking to make the move from a leadership role into a manager role, if you have team lead or some management experience and are looking to take the next step.
* Engage directly with senior management and major stakeholders to build and maintain relationships and identify strategic direction and prioritize Information Security initiatives that align with business and group strategy to reduce the level of IT risk.
* Lead and manage a group of Information Security technical engineers and SMEs.
* Manage daily task lists of incidents and change requests
* Respond quickly to ongoing issues or outages, including those that impact multiple users, departments, or business units
* Develop business cases for additional funding to drive new initiatives.
* Provide consultancy to strategic projects and services on effective mitigation of risks, and control implementation leading to effective risk management.
* Leads strategic projects to identify business and technical security requirements
* Provide consultancy on IT security, risk and compliance technologies to ensure business and regulatory requirements are met.
* Develops and maintains the policies and standards and works with stakeholders to develop and maintain IT components of other group standards.
* Leads global control assurance for IT service providers with analysis and identification and remediation of broader systemic issues.
* Owns relationship management for supplier assurance activities and identifies areas for improvement.
* Assists IT architects to define business unit IT architectures and strategy.
* Provides global support and coordination for security response processes including vulnerability management, incident response and forensics.
* Leads analysis and identification of broader systemic issues based on results of security metrics and audit information and implements improved processes.
* Works with awareness of regulatory and environmental issues and considerations and integrates these into solutions delivered.
* Provide technical guidance and recommendations as a subject matter expert in relevant area of IT, in order to support the resolution of the most complex customer cases and develop precedents to improve customer service.
* Lead the implementation of complex IT projects or work streams, typically as part of a major change or business improvement initiative involving multi-disciplinary teams and timescales in excess of one year
* Educate and influence senior colleagues to enable the execution of all relevant policies and governance processes to ensure that the business is not exposed to undue risk, and ensure own function is compliant with risk and governance procedures and understands DR&BC (Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity) plans.
* Analyze and review complex data from multiple sources to make informed, authoritative technical/functional recommendations in order to improve business performance in the medium and longer term.
* Contribute to long-term strategy for the function and develop processes and review policies relevant to functional/ business discipline in order to ensure they are in line with strategic business objectives.
* Manage relationships across the IT function and with senior business stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for service improvement to ensure commercial viability and customer satisfaction.
* Participate in IT functional leadership team meetings to provide specialist guidance and enable the implementation of policies, projects and change initiatives to drive business performance.
* Gain buy-in from senior leaders across the organization and senior local business stakeholders to ensure medium and long-term plans are aligned with business objectives.
* Engage with and monitor the high-level performance of suppliers to address shortfalls and contribute to the definition of new services looking ahead in the medium and long-term.
* Performance Management Accountabilities
* Model behaviours that demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
* Oversee use of performance management process in area of responsibility and complete performance management cycle for direct reports
* Implement people management strategy and resource plan to support the business.
* Optimize staff development and retention in area of responsibility.
* Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science and 6 or more years of experience in related field
* 2 or more years of IT management experience
* Knowledge of project management tools and techniques
* Microsoft Office experience
* Advanced knowledge of network security administration
* Technical background with Firewalls, Web Proxies, DNS, and/or SSL VPN
* Experience working with and managing 3rd party providers
* Management skills including planning, coaching, interviewing/selection and performance management
* Experience working in a team in an enterprise environment
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* At least one security certification (i.e. CISSP, CISM, CCNA, CEH, etc.)