We are Currently looking to speak with Senior Network Engineers as we have a position with a Limerick based technology Company that will offer you a technically stimulating position working with enterprise level infrastructure and collaborating with an R&D team regarding new product releases.
In this position you will provide accurate support for a wide range of topics including configuration, troubleshooting, traffic analysis, and application delivery. Technical support is delivered by phone, email and through remote screen sharing tools using a variety of troubleshooting tools and techniques. Engineers are required to follow through on technical issues until they are resolved.
All engineers are required to provide professional written and verbal communication to customers within expected service level response times.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Network Engineer:
* Independently provide Tier 1 - Tier 3 technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on networking devices. Using: application protocols including HTTP, SMTP, DNS, FTP and SNMP, and tools such as VMware, Xen or Hyper-V virtualisation environments.
* Appropriately, effectively and proactively communicate case statuses, plans of action and technical information to internal departments and external customers.
* Generate clear and concise internal documentation in the form of case notes and technical notes.
* Participate in an on-call Rota.
Required Knowledge / Qualifications:
* Expert technical knowledge of TCP/IP, including such topics as HTTP headers, OSI layers and TCP flags/parameters.
* Demonstrated experience in a technical support role, working with relevant technologies.
* Ability to relay technical information to customers with varying skill levels.
* In-depth knowledge of networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP.
* Proficiency with Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
* Layered Networking.
* Demonstrated experience and expert-level knowledge with network devices (routers, switches, etc.).
Preferred Knowledge / Qualifications:
* BS degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Support experience with corporate customers in production environments.
* Knowledge in at least one of the following web and application servers (Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, IIS).
* Intermediate-level knowledge of SSL.
* Intermediate-level knowledge of DNS.
* Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Lync experience is desirable.
* Technical Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, MCSE or VCP are advantageous but not required.
* Second European Language would be a distinct advantage.
To apply for this position or to discuss it in confidence, please contact Matthew Duane Rice