Our Client has a requirement for an experience Contract SQL Database Administrator to assist them in providing support and coordinating database activities. This position will also require the you to implement, configure and troubleshoot database instances, monitors and optimise system performance and ensure backup and maintenance tasks are functioning properly within the designated global standards.
Responsibilities of the Contract SQL DBA
* Install SQL Server 2012, 2014 and 2016.
* Setup database clustering using MS AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
* Assist in planning and installing upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance.
* Monitor and report using software and native processes.
* Document and communicate database schemas, using accepted notations
* Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability.
* Review database objects for data integrity, security, recoverability, scalability, maintenance and capacity, and recommend changes to management as necessary.
* Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organisation.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent professional experience.
* Microsoft SQL Server DBA experience, preferably with SQL 2012, SQL 2014 and SQL 2016.
* Strong familiarity with database replication, indexing, performance tuning, and T-SQL development.
* Experience with PowerShell, Idera Suite, and Commvault Backups.
* Familiarity with the processes of replication in an enterprise environment.
* Occasional requirement to work irregular hours and weekends.
To apply for this position or to discuss in confidence please contact Matthew Duane Rice