Senior Database/Systems Administrator
SQL, MySQL, Linux, Saas,
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Sector: Professional Services
Location: Co. Dublin
Job Type: Permanent
Our client offers software solutions that supply a range of Governance, Risk and Compliance IT Solutions to a range of large and small financial services and corporate clients.
* Taking full ownership of database management and performance tuning
* Improve and optimize DB Schema
* Help with DB schema and engine migration
* Database tuning and monitoring
* Database design
* Work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and QA engineers to deliver high quality DBA services
* Contribute to scrum sessions and the overall improvement in our development process.
* Being member of on-call rota for high severity issues after-hours.
Skills / Experience:
* IT Experience with at least 5 years as Database/System Administrator
* Expertise in Database maintenance, optimization and performance tuning
* Expertise in Replication techniques, backups and restores
* Ability to create, edit and debug SQL for Oracle Enterprise and MySql
* Advanced Unix and SQL scripting skill.
* Linux administration skills
* Ability to escalate technical issues in an effective manner and effectively resolve these in conjunction with the rest of the team and/or the customer
* Capable of working independently to resolve issues and/or identify solutions
* Keen interest in technology and an active awareness of the technical directions and new tool and techniques appearing in the marketplace
* Oracle / SQL
* SaaS/Multi-Tenant Environment
Nice to have:
* Knowledge of Oracle Cloud platform would be an advantage
* Knowledge of Financial/Audit/Compliance Services is a plus
* Ability to communicate with Business Analysts regarding user requirements
* Yearly Bonus
* Health insurance
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.