itContracting are seeking applications for a Programme Manager, this is a permanent position with our client based in Dublin.
The successful candidate will have deep technical expertise and will have extensive experience in delivering technology projects in the banking / financial services sector. S/he will be tasked with leading up an extensive programme delivery for a major client. The successful candidate will report into the Director of Programme Delivery and will be a key member of the delivery management team. The individual our client is looking for will be highly experienced in managing complex implementations and have strong management skills to lead overall programme delivery across a matrix organisational structure.
* End to end programme management delivery for a major client. This includes delivery of technical, functional, operational and change management streams.
* Stakeholder management at senior level - internally, with clients and with third party integration partners
* Working closely with colleagues in Dublin office, where focus is on business and client facing tasks including business analysis, requirements definition, customer experience, business development, client management
* Working closely with the CTO and development centre in Prague, where all the core technical development is done, to oversee technical delivery to client
* Managing 3rd Party parties/ vendors who are key dependencies and delivery partners within our client's development chain
* Management of multiple teams and multiple workstreams across the organisation, client and 3rd party vendors, within matrix reporting environment
* Actively managing all key RAID items for programme, including key interdependencies and risks across the multiple projects within the programme
* Removal of obstacles to progress and management of risks to enable team efficiency and effectiveness
* Establishing fit for purpose governance fora, as required for programme/client and management of same
* Management oversight of the delivery team's progress to ensure product quality, timely delivery & operating within budget
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
* 10 years+ experience in programme management, with technical background and strong delivery track record
* Proven delivery experience in technology and banking /financial services sectors is a must
* College degree or equivalent in business, computer science, mathematics, engineering, sciences or any related discipline
* Certified project management in PMP, Prince2 or equivalent
* Extensive hands-on experience with agile development practices
* Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong stakeholder management skills across a matrix structure that includes business and technical internal teams, as well as client teams and 3rd party vendors
* Good problem-solving skills; highly organised; creative; innovative
* Experience working with globally distributed teams
* Experience working in a start-up environment
* Multilingual (English plus any additional languages)