itContracting are seeking applications for a Technical Operations Manager, this is a permanent position with our client in North Dublin.
As the Technical Infrastructure Operations Manager, you will provide overall direction and guidance to the operational activities of this business-critical department. The role is highly technical, with responsibility for running 24x7x365 operations in our client's own and our client's partner data centres and within our client's corporate network. As a senior leader within the team, you will report directly to the CTO and be responsible for Systems, Security, Networks and Application operations.
As a technical manager/leader the ideal candidate will have experience with managing teams who look after a predominantly virtualised hosting infrastructure, application deployment and providing superb service to clients. The candidate will be looking for a new opportunity to increase their scope of responsibility and develop your senior management skills in a dynamic and growing business.
You will be a key member of the management team with overall responsibility for technical operations, ITIL processes, internal IT, infrastructure and hosting suppliers and networks, client operational relationships, PCI-Level security and our client's Service Operations Centre. You will have a team of 10 experienced professionals reporting directly to you.
Core Job Responsibilities:
* Ensuring that all client deployments are completed right-first-time with high quality and pass a stringent operational readiness checklist.
* Managing the Acceptance-into-Service Process and Quality Gates.
* Leading our client's Service Operations team to consistently exceed our client's Service Level Agreements.
* Ensuring all security processes and technologies are in place to achieve PCI-Level certification.
* Leading our client's Service Operations in the implementation of ITIL best practice in the management of our infrastructure and ongoing systems operations.
* Budget control for all corporate IT and hosting costs.
* Working with the Product Development and Client Delivery teams to ensure that the product and client projects conform to best practice.
* Oversight of all corporate applications and infrastructure.
* Acting as the senior escalation point for technical issues with the on-call teams.
* Essential skills:
* A proven track record of managing 24x7 support teams in a high volume technological environment such as banking or ecommerce systems.
* Experience deploying and operating multi-channel software-as-service.
* Understanding of enterprise scale systems and networks alongside cloud based hosting technologies.
* Experience of working in Data Centre and hosted environments providing high availability.
* ITIL V3 Framework accreditation and a good understanding of ITIL methodologies.
* Strong knowledge and experience in problem, incident, change and release management within a significant high-availability environment.
* Ability to build trusted credible relationships with senior operational client staff.
* Technical knowledge relating to application management (infrastructure, storage, databases, application architectures) in a predominantly Microsoft-based environment.
* Cyber-security savvy and PCI DSS certification process experience.
* Quality focus: ISO9001/27001 or similar experience in quality management systems.
* Technical skills:
* Knowledge of the following:
* Microsoft Certifications - MCSE
* Linux - REHL, Centos, Ubuntu
* Container virtualisation - Docker
* VMware Vsphere - Proven experience in an enterprise hosted environment
* Database Technology - Oracle, MS SQL / Mongo / Redis
* Microsoft IIS - Excellent understanding of installing and configuring applications Windows Enterprise build, configuration, operations
* Firewall Management - Checkpoint / Palo Alto / Cisco
* TCP/IP - including switches, routers, general network topology, internet protocols
* Experience of Powershell scripting, Chef is a plus
* Experience supporting Active Directory, O365/Exchange and Windows security
* Data centre capacity planning
* Monitoring and Alerting solutions, such as PRTG, SolarWinds, Site24x7, Pingdom
* Leadership skills:
* Strong relationships with senior level managers and clients.
* Generates trust and confidence in Services with our clients.
* Manage our infrastructure and hosting partners and other suppliers to deliver optimal services.
* Excellent communication skills, both within and with our clients.
* Takes senior ownership of escalated issues and sees them through to resolution.
* Strong common sense, stays calm in difficult situations.
* Lives the values of Respect, Responsibility, Excellence and Commitment