Senior Network Engineer
Based in Dublin, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
They require a Network Engineer with 5-years relevant experience to join them, initially on an 11-month contract, responsible for maintaining, repairing and other task on the production network.
Job ID: BBBH 11553
The ideal candidate will have 5 years' industry experience and the following:
* Familiar with NOC environments and working to SLAs.
* Knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, VRRP, CDP, LLDP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and MPLS.
* Experience with Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures, including Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and Nexus data center switching platforms.
* A track record resolving complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem-solving abilities under pressure.
* Experience with Content Delivery Networks and POP architecture.
* Proficiency in Linux operating system.
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision.
* Certification such as CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIS, RHCSA or equivalent experience preferred.
A general day will involve:
* Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network.
* Manage project timelines to support network turn-up within expected completion intervals.
* Troubleshoot network issues in adherence to SLAs
* Responsible for asset management of networking gear in data center and POP sites
* Manage stock quantities and use logistics to prepare for installations in the near future.
* Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve
* Document and follow RMA processes and procedures for all relevant vendors.
* Follow, improve, and implement data center and POP best practices
* Perform detailed troubleshooting remotely and engage and manage vendors as needed to fix hardware issues at the POP sites.
* Manage physical access list for POP sites
* Monitor incident queue and take ownership or distribute to the team members tasks/tickets within the scope of this engagement.
* Responsible for ordering cross connects and working with carriers for LOA
* Strictly follow established procedures while enabling a circuit
* End to End test after a circuit is provisioned
* Participate in on call activities.
The benefits include:
* Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
* Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
* State of the art modern office.
* 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
* Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
* The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: + 353 1 6694040
Job ID: BBBH 11553