itContracting are seeking applications for an IT Technical Support Analyst, this is a contract position with our client in Kilkenny.
Our client offers you an excellent opportunity to do really interesting work and develop a career in a dynamic and innovative environment that is all about making you and the business successful.
Our client is a global performance nutrition and ingredients group with leading market positions in cheese, whey proteins, sports nutrition and micronutrient premixes, with products sold in over 130 countries worldwide employing over 6,000 people across 29 countries.
To be a technical lead in the following activities:
* Provide client support and technical issue resolution to all end users. Support includes desktop applications, mobile devices, collaboration and productivity infrastructure via E-Mail, phone and other electronic media.
* Network support of LAN, WAN and RAS
* Hardware build activities of standard builds.
* Software deployment of standard builds to clients.
* Server management ensuring server backups are maintained.
* Print management.
* Telephony support.
* Adhering to client operational procedures.
* Oversee the administration of Global Active Directory of the company's global network.
* Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
* Liaise with Infrastructure Design teams, IT Operations teams and Business Unit IT personnel on escalations and service delivery.
* Liaising with external third-party Service Providers.
* Registering user support calls in the Call Management System - LANDesk Service Desk.
* To ensure that LANDesk Service Desk tickets are kept up-to-date and accurate and also ensure that all notes and associated information relating to calls are added to the system in an appropriate manner.
* Reporting on support performance in line with IT Service Level Agreements
* Degree in IT or relevant work experience
Skills & experience
* Focused on and driven to provide the highest quality of customer service.
* Highly developed spoken and written communication skills.
* Flexibility to cover opposite shift patterns, daytime only, Monday to Friday.
* Commitment to provide a high quality and professional service.
* Ability to work as part of a team or to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks.
* Ability to prioritise work tasks.
* Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
* Ability to remain calm under pressure.
* Eager to self-learn
* MCP/MCSE/CCNA / ITIL Foundation would be advantageous but not necessary.
* Good communication skills.
* The energy, enthusiasm and drive to make it happen.
* A team player who has the ability to motivate others, making it fun while getting the job done.
* Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement and the challenge to make it better.
* Adaptable and flexible in approach to work.
* Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
* Is excellent at honest analysis
* Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions
* Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
* Demonstrates responsibility for own continuing development of skills for knowledge and information management in the context of work
* Recognises that reflecting on experiences can help develop new insights which can improve own performance and help others to benefit from their experience