IT Asset Management Specialist required for well know multinational based in South Dublin. The IT Asset Management Specialist will oversee the management of technology-related assets and contractual agreements, developing practices and processes, to continuously improve asset management and to ensure compliance with budget and contractual requirements.
· Provide consulting advice and recommendations as Asset Management subject matter expert, in order to support the resolution of the most complex IT cases and develop precedents to optimize software and hardware solutions.
· Prepare reports and perform analysis for research to proactively identify savings and improvements in software area.
· Identify necessary changes in the complex software contracts, manage demand and contract updates, liaise with external vendors, legal, contract and sourcing teams.
· Play a key role in complex, high-impact or volatile software contract negotiations involving high business risks.
· Responsible for project planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and reporting of Global/cross Segment or Function IT asset projects.
· Work closely with relevant stakeholders to influence and align strategies, and facilitates open communication and discussion.
· Develop best in class processes and procedures for asset management practices.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, or a related field
· 5+ years of experience in developing and implementing asset management tools, frameworks and governance.
· Ability to develop a clear understanding of the company's key functional processes and resources.
· Ability to adapt and work in a complex global organisational environment and develop a clear understanding of the company's key functional processes and resources.
· Knowledge and understanding of current IT asset management techniques and technologies.
· Software Asset Management certification would be an advantage.