* Ability to work closely with Business Analysts and SMEs to understand business requirements
* Create and validate the ETL design and ensure that technical specifications are complete, consistent, concise, and achievable.
* Develop ETL code as per the technical specifications and business requirements according to the established designs
* Exhibit competency in problem solving, data analysis, business rule validation, data integration, data quality, dependency analysis and estimation and delivery of complex SQL Server solutions
* Design and develop ETL solution using SSIS to copy data from multiple sources to a centralised Operational Data Store and Data Marts
* Create/maintain design related artefacts i.e. data models , Mapping documents, architecture diagrams, data flow diagrams
* Experience in integrating SSIS with C#
* Participate in system and integration test; identify and remedy solution defects.
* Monitoring performance and advising of any necessary infrastructure and/or design changes
* Analysis of source data to assist in preparing iterative design changes, database refactoring, and creating or modifying reference data
* Experienced in database design with the ability to progress from concept to implementation, creating and maintain documentation including entity relationship diagrams, data dictionaries, and ability to create implementation scripts.
* Provide SQL Server database, SSIS, and SSRS architecture leadership
* Effectively communicate SQL Server SSIS architecture and approaches
* Ability to work and deliver in a very high paced environment with limited information at times to support business needs
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Minimum 5 years' experience of similar roles elsewhere
* Strong SSIS development and implementation experience essential
* Modular solutions
* Full and delta table loads
* Robust error-handling logging
* facilitating migration between environments
* debugging and troubleshooting SSIS processes in production environments
* packaging and deployment of SSIS solutions using scripts
* grounded in SSIS best practises
* incorporating data from a wide variety of data sources e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, external APIs
* Experience of SQL Server 2016 desirable
* Experience of Energy Trading environment is an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.