R&D company that builds cryptocurrencies and blockchains for academic institutions, government entities and corporations is looking for an Experienced Scala Developer (contract role).Our Client offers a flexible work style with a chance to work in a very dynamic team with talented people from all around the world within the blockchain research space.
The successful candidate be working remotely on custom blockchain implementations using Scala and Solidity.
Running public testnets.
Contribute quality code to open source projects.
Implement and enforce effective testing and development methods (experience with formal method a bonus).
Work with internal and external teams of developers across multiple timezones.
Develop new features and create bug fixes.
· A minimum of 2-3 years of Scala development experience.
· Advanced knowledge of the Scala type system along with dependent types.
· Experience with distributed systems and networks development.
· Familiarity with frameworks like Akka, Shapeless, Scalacheck & Scalatest.
· Experience working with Git and Git workflow.
· Experience with software development methods such as Agile or Test-Driven.
Knowledge of OCaml/Haskell or Java (desirable).
VM experience including using profilers, GC tuning, Alternative GCs etc (desirable).
Experience in developing cryptography protocols would be a bonus.
Ability to communicate in English.
Degree in Computer Science preferred.