Front End Developer - Job Spec
What we're looking for is someone who :
- Is comfortable developing large scale projects, working with mul>ple departments.
- Easily adapts new technologies to our needs.
- Manages projects conﬁdently from start to ﬁnish with specs and docs to show for it.
- Works closely with a proac>ve UX team to achieve long term goals.
- Cares about tools, processes and standards, loves technology, and is always seeking ways to improve themselves and their team.
- Documents and ar>culates ideas clearly and is not afraid to be heard.
- Can write clean, seman>c, valid HTML, following current best prac>ces
- Understands the diﬀerences between HTML 5 and previous versions.
- Has a solid understanding of basic CSS, the box model, etc.
- Understands the diﬀerences between CSS3 and previous versions.
- Can deliver responsive designs via media queries.
- Knowledge of preprocessors such as SASS, LESS etc. is a plus.
- Has a solid understanding of JS and event-handling.
- Familiarity with JQuery or similar library
- Familiar with node.js build tools like Grunt, Gulp, etc.
- Has experience with a version control system like Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Can debug client-side issues using tools like Chrome DevTools.
- Can diagnose client-side performance issues and use tools like YSlow or Google Page Speed.
- Understands cross-browser and cross-device compa>bility issues and constraints.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
SASS, Compass, Gulp, EmberJS, Vue.js, Node.js, Vagrant, Karma, Jasmine, JQuery, ECMAScript 2016, Capybara, Webpack, Git, Coldfusion, PHP,
Relevant degree or work experience is required.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT:
Experience in a fast-moving sector where the latest technologies are always an op>on. Collaborate with a passionate and dedicated team
Share your skills to inﬂuence, drive and build a variety of customer facing products
Build an adap>ve site for all devices with collabora>ve UX team.
Earn compe>>ve salary, bonuses, health, pension and travel beneﬁts.
Enjoy life. Working hard from 9am to 5:30pm means we're out the door on >me every day.