Sector: Computer Services
Location: Co. Westmeath
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is an independent, Irish based, Software Services Company. Our purpose is to provide industry leading Software Services that deliver end to end solutions in the technology sector.
* Create and update existing documentation including installation and upgrade guides, user guides, SDKs, APIs and online help
* Create standard documentation templates based on existing corporate standards
* Collaborate with subject matter experts and scrum teams to gather required information for technical documentation.
* Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously; learn the products and work as an integral part of the product team
* Maintain an understanding of best practices, current technologies, trends, and business strategies.
* Organize content-based initiatives among global team members in Europe, India, and North America while remaining sensitive to differences stemming from culture, policy, and politics.
* Coordinate document reviews with the appropriate development and test teams
* Manage and close documentation bugs in a timely manner
* Serve as the gatekeeper for any content coming into the system
* Works collaboratively with the content development managers, writers, and editors to inform and refine the content model to support customer and product requirements.
* Defines guidelines for organizing and labelling topics, defines the appropriate level of content chunking, and oversees content contributions to ensure consistent structure.
* Defines and administers a clear submission process to encourage writers to improve the CPI.
Skills / Experience:
* Proven Fluency in written and spoken English
* Experience in technical writing, preferably within the software sector.
* Experience authoring and managing technical software documentation
* Experience working in a continuous deployment and Agile environment where content needs to be updated regularly and rapidly.
* Proven Expertise in developing structured and reusable content using DITA/CMS and XML
* Ability to foster and maintain communication with subject matter experts and collaborate with content strategists and development teams to effectively collate content matter.
* Relevant Degree in a related field
Nice to have:
* Knowledge of agile, project management, version control systems (including Git), scripting, confluence, JIRA and user interface design experience are a plus.