itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a global logistics, fleet management and financing company in the hiring of a Senior DevOps Engineer. Our client is publicly listed and operates in 50 countries servicing multinational companies. We are currently looking for an innovative, ambitious, dynamic and also pragmatic and solutions-oriented DevOps Engineer to join our client based in south Dublin.
You will be working in the Company's Innovation and Technology hub, with Project Managers, Project Leaders, Architects, Developers and Engineers on new products, software applications and frameworks using the latest technologies available on the market.
The successful candidate will be joining the DevOps team which:
* Ensures that delivery of code is automated and that environments can be created from scratch. Manages and maintains the Git repository, it ensures that submitted code is integrated properly and integrated release candidates are packaged and delivered.
* Works with the Automation Engineers to architect the Continuous Integration framework and manages its delivery.
You will be involved in:
* Creating DevOps ways of working
* System automation, provisioning, scalability, security, monitoring and hardening
* Manage the methods of deployment. Also, the processes and tools required to execute those deployments
* Working together with other engineers providing services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process
* Manage issue tracking and agile development tools
* Experience with configuration management tools. Ideally Ansible (chef, puppet)
* Experience with version control software such as Git, preferably GitLab and SVN
* Experience with orchestration platforms ideally Openshift (kubernetes and docker swarm)
* Container/Docker experience essential
* Very good written and oral communications skills
* Previous experience in operations role - systems admin experience
* Strong Linux troubleshooting experience
* Strong working knowledge of AWS.
* Proficient scripting in Bash, python
* Experience with building CI/CD pipelines. build large scale orchestration for micro-services based architectures using Docker and ideally JVM based technologies.
* Proven experience with automating administrative tasks. System recovery, backup, restore, log monitoring and alerts.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity or discuss in confidence, please send your CV to: Michal at itcontracting.ie