WHAT WE NEED:
We need an Agile Coach who is passionate about empowering and facilitating self-managing teams and who has experience in scaling agile practices across an organisation with multiple products and multiple development locations across the world.
You will be coaching and mentoring our cross-functional teams helping them bring discipline and improvements to the agile process they are currently engaged in.
You will be working closely with the CTO, Engineering leads, Team leads, QA and Devops… all within the Engineering organisation to help create and implement a shared vision for a truly Agile working and operating environment. This vision will be no less than becoming a beacon of Agile done right within the Irish technology community taking to heart the 4 values and 12 principles of the Agile Manifesto. You will work with the Heads of other departments to advocate for this vision.
Key responsibilities are:
* Ensure team ceremonies are being facilitated either directly or indirectly with coaching
* Ensure team ceremonies are being performed efficiently and effectively
* Work with the product owners to ensure there is an accurate groomed backlog for upcoming releases
* Ensure teams have a shared understanding and sense of mission with respect to what they are signing up for on a sprint to sprint and release to release basis
* Responsible for delivering the aggregated team self-reports to senior management
* Help establish, formalise and foster communities of practice across shared disciplines
* 1 - 2 years previous experience working as an Agile Product Owner or similar.
* Minimum 5 years' previous experience working in the software industry in a technically orientated role or roles (such as developer, tester, support, technical business analyst)
* Experience delivering software in an agile software development environment.
* Skilled in using agile software development processes with a focus on delivering quality software.
* Knowledge of Agile estimation and planning techniques.
* An interest in technology and accustomed to dealing with low-level technical information.
* Comfortable being looked to as a decision maker and clearly able to explain the rationale behind any decisions that are made.
* Excellent team-work skills.
* A positive attitude when faced with challenges.
* Adaptable and open to taking on new roles, new relationships, new values, new behaviours, and new approaches to work on a continuous basis.
* Collaborative approach to finding solutions -values direct communication with customers rather than tools and processes
* Have confidence to challenge decisions when needed and propose alternatives, both to the team and the customer.
* Have a natural curiosity and a desire to continuously improve and innovate, and a willingness to make decisions and work with others to put them into effect.
* 2+ years previous experience working as an Agile Coach
* Experience in leading and mentoring more junior ScrumMasters
* Certified ScrumMaster
* Minimum 8 years previous experience working in the software industry in a technically orientated role (such as developer, tester, support) or facilitation role (ScrumMaster)
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
* Excellent team-work skills