Due to continued expansion of Evros we are now seeking to recruit a candidate that endeavours to become an important part of the team in an evolving and exciting environment.
Evros are seeking immediate applications for a Senior Onsite Service Desk Engineer. This is a permanent position in Dublin.
The Service Desk candidate for the below role should have a recognised qualification in VMWare ideally VMware View.
This should be coupled with other relevant qualifications (Microsoft, CompTIA, etc.) as tender responses will be marked on this aspect as per the award criteria.
Any qualifications relating to SharePoint or MobileIron would be seen as advantageous.
The Onsite Service Desk Engineer will act as the point of contact for all our Clients users whether this is by phone, e-mail or through the IT ticketing system.
The Service Desk Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
* Assessing all incoming requests and issues and responding within the agreed SLA
* Addressing all issues/requests that do not require extensive knowledge or expertise in relation to infrastructure or server configuration
* Escalating more complex issues/requests/troubleshooting to the relevant support resources
* Daily back-up management ensuring that all backups have completed successfully and that any required backup media is available to be collected and stored securely offsite. Reporting any issues with backups to the Senior engineer and liaising with the service provider if required
* Set-up and maintenance of user profiles, including access rights to in-scope IT systems and services on-site and, where authorised, remotely
* Setting up of any hardware or equipment that is requested including AV equipment for meeting rooms. Provisioning and setting up thin-clients, monitors and desk phones for new and existing users
* Maintaining and ensuring that all printers are working as normal and are available to the users
* Maintaining and updating the IT Asset Register
* Ensuring that all aspects of scheduled Server Room maintenance is carried out with contracted partners and maintained to the highest standards
* Mobile Devices: Setting up phones and tablets for new and existing users through MobileIron, troubleshooting issues for users, engaging with the Service Provider as necessary arranging replacement handsets when required
For further information, please feel free to contact us or apply here to us. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence. itContracting is Ireland's key provider of IT Contract and Permanent Professionals. Please be advised you will receive a semi-automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.