itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a highly innovative and successful Dublin based company operating in the Cyber Security sector, in the hiring of Junior Systems Administrator with strong networking and Linux skills who is willing to learn and grow into the role.
The candidate must have service delivery skills, excellent troubleshooting skills and experience working in high availability enterprise environments.
Ideal candidate should able to demonstrate a positive attitude to their job with the ability to work on their own initiative.
Role and Responsibilities
* Manage and monitor the IT infrastructure and services;
* Interacts with users to accommodate IT service delivery on sites;
* Leads and participates in the installation, testing, upgrading (both software and hardware) and retirement of server equipment.
* Organizes and performs applications installation, computer, phone and other hardware.
* Troubleshoots and repairs issues related to phone, computer, peripherals, printer, application and Operating Systems.
* Creates and maintains database entries in Atlassian Jira Asset Management to accurately track Information Technology assets, and monitors and maintains work or repair requests in the Atlassian Jira incident management system.
* Plans, tests and partners in the roll-out of new applications, hardware, Operating Systems and infrastructure equipment.
* Performs hardware and software compatibility tests for monthly/quarterly security patching, application and Operating System updates.
* Maintains, develops and installs network infrastructure equipment and implements necessary changes.
* Responsible for server administration, storage back-ups and other data center activities as needed.
* Configuration and administration of VMware environments.
* Administration of security tools including Qualys, Nessus and Bitdefender anti-virus.
* Participation in on Call Rota.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Minimum 1-3 years' experience as a Network and/or Systems Administrator in Linux/Windows/VMware production environment.
* Relevant 3rd Level IT qualification.
For further information, please feel free to contact us or apply here to us. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence. itContracting is Ireland's key provider of IT Contract and Permanent Professionals. Please be advised you will receive a semi-automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.