itContracting are seeking applications for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst. This is permanent position with our client based in North Dublin.
As a senior member of the BI & Data Analytics team, the Senior BI Analyst (reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence & Data Analytics) will have a significant level of ownership and responsibility for delivering key data-dependent projects and boosting commercial performance via quantitative analyses and data-driven insights.
Core Job Responsibilities:
* Execute detailed, exploratory quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable recommendations that drive improved commercial performance.
* Play a key role in the delivery of business-critical BI/reporting role-based dashboards to facilitate fact-based decision making and to drive improved commercial performance.
* Develop operational monitoring & management, analysis and optimisation of products and platforms.
* Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets across for example, Acquisition, Retention, Promotions, Trading and customer data to develop hypotheses and findings.
* Critically evaluate commercial proposals, special offers, free bets and campaigns as put forward by Marketing/CRM/Trading teams with a view to estimating ROI & value and validating post execution.
* Interpret, document and present data-driven commercial insights to support business decisions relating to CRM segments that ensure increased longevity, transactional behaviour and profitability.
* Support the creation of data modelling across CRM activities e.g. anti-churn, cross-sell, VIP/PVIP, reduced activity and/or predictive models/automation.
* Support channel analysis covering areas such as acquisition, conversion, retention and reactivation.
* Consult with senior business and IT stakeholders to develop advanced analytics that lead to profit.
* Achieve an expert level of understanding of the BoyleSports Data Architecture including data-warehousing, integration, ETL in line with BI needs.
* Educate stakeholders about the data behind their business decisions and help implement change.
* Create, optimise, and automate the scheduling of SQL stored procedures and routine BI reports.
* Support the on-going development of key reports and dashboards.
* Raising data governance / quality issues, proactively improving the quality of analysis and reporting.
* Produce reports that link internal data with available external / competitive intelligence data.
* Other duties as required by the Head of Business Intelligence & Data Analytics.
* Minimum 5 years commercial experience in an analytical or quantitative role.
* University degree in a relevant quantitative field / discipline (e.g. Business Analytics, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science etc.)
* Advanced working knowledge of SQL.
* Experience building KPI dashboards/data visualisations within an industry-standard BI platform e.g. Tableau/SAS VA/Oracle BI/SSRS/ MS Power BI /Excel Power Pivot. (Tableau esp. advantageous.)
* Pro-active problem solver with highly analytical mind-set, matched by curiosity and determination to solve business problems through deep-dive analysis of large structured data sets.
* Ability to apply analytical rigour to structured analysis of data and summarise into actionable insights.
* Advanced level knowledge in Microsoft Excel (e.g. advanced formulae, pivot tables, PowerPivot).
* Ability to record, write and edit macros in Excel VBA.
* A good understanding of relational databases and querying such databases.
* Can clearly communicate (written & verbal), with strong presentation & interpersonal skills also.
* Competent in documenting data requirement functional specifications, if necessary.
* Knowledge and/or experience of online betting/gaming industry, and the associated financial, pricing, performance metrics entailed is advantageous.
* Enjoy working in complex and fast paced environments to deliver results through data.
* All round business acumen and commercial mind-set.
* Positive, enthusiastic team player working collaboratively both within team and cross-departmental.
If you would like to apply for this role, please do so via the relevant links or contact Michael Moylan in itContracting (on +353 1 4396866 or Michael dot Moylan at itContracting dot ie). All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.