IT Security Engineer - Dublin
This is something different and sure to appeal to true engineers. This is an opportunity to work on a product with significant real world application of good. Work alongside the brightest minds in tech and science.
This is a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment
As an experienced Information Security Engineer you will safeguard organization's computer networks and information systems and put measures in place to secure the confidential data that is stored within networks and systems. You will be responsible for carrying out a full range plan of known security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks.
* Develop Information Security Plans and Policies.
* Plan and execute game days testing users' security preparedness.
* Implement protections for both known and emerging threats.
* Work directly with IT and Development teams to ensure best security practices.
* Monitor Infrastructure and IT systems for vulnerabilities / breaches and coordinate GMI's response to these events.
* Creating and maintaining technical/security documentation.
* Contribute to developing and maintaining policies and procedures.
* Review and evaluate new security solutions
* Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering.
* Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures for Enterprise.
* Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods.
* Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures.
* Deep understanding of Linux/OSX Windows Desktop and Server environments.
* Experience managing and supporting Public Key Encryption in Microsoft/Linux environments.
* Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications.
* Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management.
* Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
* Strong understanding of endpoint security solutions to include File Integrity Monitoring and Data Loss Prevention
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.