itContracting are looking for an Android Developer responsible for the development and maintenance of Android Applications. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with existing infrastructure. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
* Define, develop, verify and maintain mobile solutions using native Android technologies.
* Create UIs that effectively communicate and deliver product function.
* Translate business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and engaging.
* Assist in the submission of proposals on the long-term technical and architectural direction.
* Ensure sound engineering design, process and quality practices are followed.
* Provide feedback to analysis/training staff about performance considerations / usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.
* Selection and analysis of software products and components for use in mobile application development.
* Identify and communicate proactively technical problems and opportunities to the team and the stakeholders.
* Assist technical architect in development of product requirements and prioritisation of technical requirements.
* Ensure all quality and people processes are adhered to.
* Develop product development processes and pipelines.
* Develop and maintain internal cross-team communication channels to ensure "joined up" services internally.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* 3+ years of mobile application development in the Android space for enterprise software.
* Experience of Android Development utilising Android Studio with Java and/or Kotlin.
* Strong knowledge of utilising JSON based REST APIs.
* Experience of utilising a Git repository for source control and TFS for the application lifecycle management.
* Knowledge of generating signed applications and knowledge of deploying to an on-premise store i.e., AirWatch.
* Proven background in test-driven development, and the practical use of design patterns.
* Experience within an Agile environment.
* Strong awareness of industry trends
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience
* Educated to degree level.
* Minimum of 3-5 years of native mobile application development.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity or discuss in confidence, please send your CV to: Michal at itcontracting.ie