itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a global financial services company, in the hiring of a Network Administrator to join their Cyber Security team in the role of Threat Defence Analyst. This is an ideal role for Network Administrators/Engineers looking to build their career in the highly exciting area of Cyber Security. You will receive industry leading training and the opportunity to develop and gain in-demand skills and certifications.
You will be involved in Threat Detection and Analysis activities, vulnerability assessments, Penetration Testing, Network and Web security and generally providing the first line of defence on a global network serving thousands of users.
* A minimum of 2 years experience in a Network Administration/Junior Network Engineering role supporting Routing/Switching equipment and firewalls and good knowledge of networking basics, protocols and services such as TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, OSI, DNS, DHCP etc.
* Degree educated or equivalent technical qualification in a relevant discipline
* Certified to CCNA level. Additional qualifications related to Network/Information/Cyber Security would be an advantage
* Experience in Windows and/or Linux/Unix systems administration
* Ability to write automation scripts for basic to medium complexity tasks in at least one Shell language and preferably the likes of Perl, Python or Ruby
* Understanding of web application development
* Additional knowledge of security tools and technologies, such as Splunk, Snort, Nessus, TCPDump, Kali Linux, Metasploit etc. would be a distinct advantage
This is a role with fantastic career prospects in Cyber Security, with potential long-term progression into Security Engineering, Architecture, Senior Incident Response, Security Management and more. If you are interested in applying for this position please do so via the relevant links or contact Tom Leonard in itContracting directly on 01 218 7721. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.