* Leads multiple phases of a project and/or multiple projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
* Responsible for managing own and team's time within a certain test area and conditions with respect to analysis and design, implementation and system integration, execution as well as results evaluation, problem resolution and planning.
* Assures the project team meets quality standards by allocating work and providing guidance in planning, designing, executing testing, and developing procedures relating to product quality.
* Participates in formal reviews of business requirements and application designs and ensuring proper test coverage based on requirements and design specifications.
* Talks to relevant business stakeholders on strategies and methods to improve test plans and processes. Has an understanding of the overall test strategy.
* Leads the test execution and creation of scripts as per test plans, co-ordinating schedules, work and resource plans; leading the progress of all activities against the overall plan.
* Determines the potential causes of problems and analyses multiple alternatives, risks, and benefits for a range of potential solutions. Translates these to best practices.
* Analyses and reports on overall test status and results, identifying issues and reporting to relevant stakeholders, manages risks to the success of the project.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
* ISTQB Advanced or additional course or certification in Quality Assurance
* Good people-leading skills, experience of introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other. Encourages mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions.
* Renowned as an effective coach and sounding board.
* Experience in leading and managing others, offering the appropriate balance of supervision and empowerment.
* Good self-management, takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, shows resilience in the face of challenges and looking for ways to beat previous standards.
* Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
* Excellent client-facing skills, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
* Has an innovative approach, develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
* Excellent communication skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
* Intermediate theoretical knowledge in quality assurance methodologies and has awareness of new and emerging technologies and developments.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.