· Reporting to the Aspira IT Manager, the successful applicants will work as part of a broader team that provides a wide range of IT services and technical consultancy & support to our client base.
· The roles will be primarily based in the Aspira Cork Office, and will also involve some time spent working directly alongside our clients’ staff at their sites.
· For Senior roles, we require a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant environment. Mid-level roles require 3-5 years’ experience, and Junior roles less than 3 years’ experience.
· Technology areas that are of particular interest to us include:
o VMware or MS Hyper-V with an aptitude for networking (Cisco)
o Experience in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 environments
o Working knowledge of standard network and internet networking technologies and best practices
o Understanding of IP based networks and security protocols, tools and policies
o Experience installing, configuring and administrating VMware based solutions/technologies, with specific focus on VMware vSphere. The candidate should have a willingness and drive to learn new cloud based technologies and adapt to the changing virtualization/cloud landscape
o Technical design and optimization of infrastructure and application systems and components
o Ability to monitor systems and recommend changes that will drive improvement (e.g. in system security or network performance).
o Scripting language experience (e.g. Powershell, Python) is a nice-to-have
· Personal Competencies that we look for include:
o Ability to work well as part of a team and also the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
o Attention to detail - appropriate use of change control procedures and communication
o Excellent communication skills, demonstrating fluency in written and verbal communications
o Strong customer focus, able to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
o Ability to multi-task, make priority calls and manage time effectively, engaging with customers and colleagues in a responsive manner
o Ability to demonstrate a professional image in a manner that reflects well on the company
o Holding a Full, Clean Driving License is advantageous
· Candidates with a relevant Degree will be preferred (e.g. Computer Science, Cloud Computing, Networking, IT, etc.)
· It is an advantage if candidates have – or are on the path to achieve - certifications (eg. Cisco CCNA or Microsoft MCSE). Aspira supports staff members acquiring additional industry certifications.