Location: Cork City
Key Technologies: Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Windows Server, Active Directory, Networking
Status: Permanent position
Our client is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems. Since 1987, they have been reducing the time and money their customers spend on IT administration, so they can invest more on business innovation. With more than 100,000 customers in 100 countries, they emphasise innovation, strong community with customers and partners, and ongoing support throughout our customers' journey. We are currently taking applications for a senior Platform Management Engineer to join our clients EMEA Platform Management Support team located in Cork, Ireland.
Role Overview & Key Responsibilities
Senior Support Engineers will work as part of a Global Virtual team to provide a high standard of technical support to customers on our clients Platform Management suite of products. Stellar customer service and handling skills and the ability to interface, collaborate and prioritise customer issues with development and effectively communicate solutions to customers is crucial to the role.
As a Platform Management Senior Support Engineer, you will gain exposure to some or all of the following technologies:
* Messaging: Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365
* Databases: MS-SQL Server
* Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
* Directory Services: Active Directory
* Networking: DNS, TCP/IP
* Maintain a personal queue of ongoing customer issues until resolution and customer interface with R&D and other resources to bring escalated issues to resolution.
* Document all customer case details on our support portal (case tracking system).
* Be pro-active in creating & publishing documentation in a customer focussed Knowledge Centred Support (KCS) environment.
* Developing and attending training for self-improvement to assist and share knowledge with other engineers.
* Troubleshoot customers' issues by being able to recreate in support lab environments and by diagnosing potentially complex issues, effectively communicate solutions to customers.
* Initiate, participate or lead, local and global projects.
* After 6 months, have the capability of providing after-hours support and weekend support, if required.
Essential Support Skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrable track record of excellence in a customer facing environment
* Must be independent, self-motivated, a team player and have a people-oriented personality
* 3+ years' experience in a Technical Support Engineer role or equivalent.
Essential Technical Skills
The successful candidate will possess a strong background in 3 or more of the following technologies:
* Exchange 2010/2013/2016 Administration Experience
* Experience with SQL Server
* Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems and networking (TCPIP, DNS, LDAP, WMI, ASP, DCOM) preferably from a system administration background
* Messaging Fundamentals including mail routing, connectors, interoperability with foreign systems
* Active Directory - Understand the concept of Domain/Forests, Managing / Creating Accounts and working with Policies
* Messaging Migration project experience
* Prior Technical Support experience or proven track record in system administration.
* VMWare / Virtual Server technology experience.
* Technical writing skills.
* Additional language skills - desirable but not essential.
* Familiarity with debugging tools/techniques (eg. WebEx).
If you would like to apply for this role, please do so via the relevant links or contact Chris Byrne in itContracting (on 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie). All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.