itContracting are seeking applications for an PHP Developer this is a permanent position with our client in Dublin.
As a PHP Developer you will:
* Build and maintain core features for our clients platform and related products.
* Build REST based APIs to support the other development teams.
* Work with other like-minded developers as part of an Agile team.
* Ensure the codebase is clean, scalable and secure.
* Work closely with our product, mobile and web teams.
* Keep abreast of new technologies and techniques in software development.
* Provide support for our QA team.
What skills do I need?
* A degree or masters in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
* In-depth knowledge of PHP.
* Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented design principles and methodologies.
* Working knowledge of PostgreSQL or MySQL.
* Have developed REST APIs.
* Have used a version control system like Git or SVN.
* Comfortable working in an Agile team.
* Be a self-starter with an analytical mind-set who's able to manage their own time and workload.
* Excellent communication skills.
Bonus skills and experience:
* Knowledge of other languages such as Go, Scala, Python etc.
* Experience working with Spring Framework, Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift/PaaS, Hibernate or Doctrine
* Familiar with Linux or Linux based operating systems.
* Experience of Test-Driven Development.
* Can play foosball or air hockey.
If you have a GitHub account, have contributed to open source projects or have a personal project that you're particularly proud of then please tell us all about it!