Web Developer/.Net ASP.Net/Co. Dublin/Ireland
Sector: Financial Services
Location: Co. Dublin
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is Ireland's leading life insurance and pensions company, offering pensions, investments, life assurance and financial planning services.
The role requires the jobholder to develop, test, implement & document web applications to Group and Company standards and to the business requirements of their clients.
Reporting to the Web Development Team Manager, the successful candidate will:
* Complete all developments in the required time-scale set out by the company, the Client, or the Group.
* Specify and develop innovative, quality-driven solutions to meet the business requirements of individual company projects/ clients.
* Develop solutions that are secure, flexible, and have the potential for re-use with other client companies.
* In addition to Product/Feature development, provide a degree of Production Support for existing clients' systems.
* Contribute to overall team effectiveness and seek continuous improvement in both processes and solutions.
Skills / Experience:
The candidate will have a high level of experience and ability in Microsoft based web development technologies, ideally in the Financial Services industry. The role requires a mix of VB.NET and C# development experience, in both WebForms and MVC based web applications.
1 Development experience (4+ years, where appropriate) in the following technologies:
* .NET Framework 3.5 - 4.6.2
* ASP.NET WebForms development (VB.NET), IIS 6 - 7.5
* MVC 4/5 (C#) development, including GridMVC
* WCF Web Service development and configuration
* 3rd Party controls (Dev Express)
* SQL Server 2008 / 2014 (data design, stored procedure development, TSQL, SSIS)
* Experience in CSS, including frameworks such as Bootstrap.
* HTML5, HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.0, WCAG accessibility standards,
* XML, XSLT, XSD, distributed systems development.
* Experience of Team Foundation Server source control, branching and merging schemes, automated builds and continuous integration.
1 Additional experience that would be advantageous in carrying out the role
* Experience of JIRA workflow management
* Knowledge of secure coding practices, Cyber Security and application scanning tools such as IBM AppScan.
* Knowledge of an LDAP Security infrastructure.
* Experience of Single Sign On solutions (custom, federated models, or SAML based)
* Experience with WS-* protocols, Web Service Security (WSE 2.0).
* Experience of a test-driven development and agile methodology
* Experience in mobile and adaptive development solutions
1 Ability to adhere to all required development and ISAE audit controls