Role: SQL Server Developer
Our client is seeking an exceptional SQL Server Developer with 2-5+ years of experience to provide production support for their internal data warehouse and business applications. The applicant must have an extensive full-time background performing all aspects of Microsoft SQL Server development. The applicant must understand core business processes such as identifying issues and working with others to understand and fix problems. The applicant must have a high attention to detail, be results oriented, be able to manage multiple tasks, communicate effectively, be a team player, and adaptable to a fast paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide production support for SQL Server data warehouse and related business applications. Identify, analyze and resolve issues within applications and processes by working independently or in conjunction with the development team.
* Using SQL Server skill set, support, upgrade, and maintain existing SSRS reports, SSIS packages and SSAS cubes.
* Participate in on-call rotation that includes occasional off-hour availability to resolve production database issues; or to prepare and conduct production code deployments.
* Degree in computer science or software engineering and/or equivalent experience.
* 3-5+ years of solid developer/dba experience with Microsoft SQL Server ( 2005 and 2008).
* Experience with database planning, security principles, troubleshooting and general software management best practices.
Fundamental knowledge of SQL Server architecture and relational database concepts.
Data Warehouse experience with a broad skill set that includes:
SQL Server Management Studio - Excellent T-SQL skill set for developing queries, stored procedures, views, functions and triggers
Sql Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Sql Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Sql Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Sql Server Agent
Excel pivot tables with MSSQL ODBC data sources (embedded query, stored procedure or view)
Knowledge of MySQL a plus
Knowledge & Skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to translate conceptual ideas into solutions design
Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
This role would suit anybody working in the following roles:
BI Developer, SQL Developer, SQL DBA, ETL Developer, BI Consultant, ETL Consultant
Are you an experienced SQL Developer who is looking for a change in your career? If so please send an updated CV in strict confidence for this SQL Developer role to Eimhear Hargadon, IT Recruitment Consultant, FRS Recruitment via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.
SQL, ETL, Data Mart, Data Warehouse, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, SQL Server, PowerBI, Data Science
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.