itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client in the hiring of a System Administrator. The role will be within the IT Systems Team reporting to the System Team Lead. The successful candidate will be a responsible for the design, build & configuration of Windows environments on a VMware & Cloud platform.
In addition to project related work there is also a focus on the administration, maintenance and support of companywide infrastructure, including but not limited to Server (Physical, Virtual and Cloud based), storage, VMware environment and infrastructure related applications.
* Technical Lead on project delivering infrastructure solutions from the design to close out phase.
* Provide insightful and credible technology advice which balances the functionality, costs and risks of the suggested technologies
* Provide expertise in applying architectural governance for business and technical activities
* Support and administration of VMware environment.
* Administration and support of servers.
* Create and maintain full documentation for relevant systems that are being deployed as part of projects.
* Monitor and analyse system performances.
* Actively improve operations, policies and procedures
* IT Degree (or some directly related experience)
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
* Experience in VMware is essential.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong administration skills of Windows System
* Strong knowledge of VMware including host & switch setup, storage allocation and general administration.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Desire to increase knowledge and to learn new and/or improve skills
* Ability to work as a team member and excellent organizational skills.