Senior Software Engineer (Java/BigData)
Permanent job based in Athlone, Ireland
Excellent Salary level and benefits package
Job Ref: BBBH10960
Allen Recruitment are assisting a Software Services Company based in Athlone source a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in Data Streaming tools.
On a day to day basis you will be developing, testing and mentoring within an Engineering Scrum Team on an innovative Telecom project.
You will be working with the latest technologies in the market including:
Enterprise Java, EJB, Big Data, Analytics etc. working on distributed streaming and large-scale data processing platforms such as Apache Kafka and Apache Spark.
As a senior team member, you will be responsible for developing a standard of high quality Java code in an agile environment including unit testing and other types of functional and non-functional testing.
Technical Skills / Expertise Required:
* Suitable applicants will have 8+ years' overall experience in software development using Java/J2EE
* Experience working with Junit, JMeter, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
* Experience working in an Agile environment with Engineering scrum teams is an added advantage
* Java/JEE Certification such as OCA/OCP/OCM is an added advantage
* Understanding of big data engine ecosystem and hands-on experience in building real-time data pipelines and streaming apps
* Experience in processing massive amounts of streaming events (filter, aggregate, rule, automate, predict, act, monitor, alert)
* Experience in distributed streaming platforms and batch processing systems
* Experience working with Shell Scripts and Python
* Hands-on experience in distributed streaming platforms using Apache Kafka
* Hands-on experience in large scale data processing using Apache Spark
* Experience with Docker, Vagrant, Mesos, Aurora, Zookeeper - in general application deployment, management, scheduling and execution in cloud
* Experience with cloud infrastructures (hands-on) - AWS, Cloud Foundry, Open Stack etc.
* Ability to complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
* Proficient with APIs and service oriented architectures
* Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
* Suitable candidates will have a 3rd level degree in Computer Science or related discipline
IMPORTANT - While there is no Relocation Allowance for this role, the company is prepared to sponsor a "Critical Skills" visa for candidates with suitable skills.
Interested in this opportunity?
Apply today for more information:
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040