Would you like to work in a Greenfield company currently developing a ground breaking product in the aircraft leasing space?
Our client currently has a job opening for a data engineer, ideally bringing a statistical or data science skill set to the table, whom will initially bill the entire data infrastructure for this product. What technologies you use will be largely up to you. You will be joining a small, but elite and highly agile team, of multi-skilled software engineers and quantitative analysts.
Although you will be working in a Greenfield of a larger, well established company, this team has the autonomy to make the decisions needed to complete projects quickly.
Ideally you will be will have many years data engineering experience to the table for the initial project but will be able to leverage a strong statistical skill set for future projects.
The nature of this company will require someone who is very flexible and who is able to learn new technologies quickly.
In conjunction with the software engineers you will play a critical role in establishing a scalable architecture for the firm’s software products and keeping it at the cutting edge of
Technology and best practices on an ongoing basis.
• Part of the financial engineering team
• Understanding the data needs and data analysis needs of clients (across the company and the wider aviation finance industry).
• Identifying and obtaining data from a wide variety of sources to meet these needs.
• Working with the other members of the financial engineering team, other stakeholders across the organisation and potentially other organizations in the aviation finance industry to understand the exact meaning and limitations of data.
• Architecting, creating and managing a comprehensive database of all data and information relevant to the aviation finance business in an intuitive and scalable way in conjunction with the software engineering team.
• Writing software to download, extract, transform, load, aggregate and analyze data.
• Defining a data taxonomy to be applied consistently across the organization.
• Working closely with other teams to build applications
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this role, please do not hesitate to contact Stephen Waters on 016621000 or click apply.