Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Ballybrit, Galway
My client is a leading video games publisher and due to demand have a vacancy for a Systems Engineer to join their team.
You will work in an innovative and creative space on the desugn and deployment of online server environments.
This is a great job opportunity for someone to join a well-known company who place a lot of pride in their employees and ensure they're rewarded with team nights out, free games, gym membership and even free ice cream! What more could you want!
Systems Engineer Requirements:
* BS Degree in MIS/Computer science or equivalent industry experience
* BASIC Expert level technical knowledge in Windows Systems Administration and the operation of .NET services inside and outside of IIS.
* Knowledge of essential operational support of databases, including SQL Server, MySQL, and others.
* Strong technical knowledge in Linux Systems Administration desired.
* Experience using AWS in the deployment and development of .NET and Java based services.
* Knowledge of NAS and SAN based storage devices (NetApp, XIO) including storage technologies (CIFS, NFS, iSCSI)
* Knowledge of virtualisation (VMware Workstation, VMware ESX, VirtualBox, Microsoft HyperV)
* Experience in monitoring, reporting and alerting using industry leading tools. (Sensu, Zabbix, TICK etc.). An eye for solving issues with better monitoring.
* Experience with Orchestration and Configuration Management tools such as Chef and native Active Directory tools, such as Group Policy.
* Strong infrastructure automation skills - (We don't really care how) automating tasks in Powershell, Ruby, and Python primarily but other programming languages are welcome as well; the more the better.
* Experience with the use of Terraform, Openshift, Kubernetes is a huge plus.
* Experience with automating server and software deployments, along with build processes, updating existing scripts, and writing new ones as necessary.
If you're interested in this brilliant new Systems Engineer job just apply below!