Lab Technical Support
Based in Cork, our client is renowned for their continuing advancements in online technologies that have changed the world. An ambitious, fast paced forward thinking company with very creative culture.
They require a Lab Tech Support with 2 or more years of relevant experience working in an R&D laboratory and degree educated in a related field.
Initially on a 6-month contract, responsible for Conduct laboratory experiments related to polymer chemistry, characterization, and processing, as well as their use in equipment as physical structures.
Job Reference: BBBH 11023
What would a general day involve?
* Oversee personal safety, the safety of co-workers, and promote a safe work environment, consistent with company and site health, safety, and environmental goals.
* Manage laboratory experiments related to polymer chemistry, characterization, and processing, as well as their use in equipment as physical structures.
* Conduct routine maintenance on assigned equipment.
* Liaise with R&D Researchers with the planning, execution, problem solving, and communication of experimental results.
* Engage with staff to continually enhance personal and group safety, performance, and development.
What are the required skills?
* Degree in chemistry, engineering, or another laboratory science.
* At least 2 or more years of relevant experience working in an R&D laboratory.
* Familiar developing quality laboratory materials, structures, and results in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
* Laboratory or chemical experience with a strong chemical and/or mechanical background, including personal and process safety.
* Knowledge of interaction of materials, processes, and equipment.
* Strong chemical handling skills and willingness to work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals with proper safety precautions, equipment, and training.
* Strong computer and mechanical skills.
* Advanced communication and organistion skills.
* Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
What's on offer?
* Competitive Salary, with great onsite benefits including free canteen, unlimited (top class) coffee, tea, soft drinks and much more.
* Work Laptop, phone (most roles) and latest tools and technologies.
* State of the art modern office.
* 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus paid bank holidays.
* Expanding workforce with options for permanent positions and career progress ion for top performers.
* The experience of working with a company that will make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +353 (0)21 2028035.