Sector: Computer Services
Location: Co. Westmeath, Ireland
Duration: 3 months
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Our client is an independent, Irish based, Software Services Company. Our purpose is to provide industry leading Software Services that deliver end to end solutions in the technology sector.
They have a fantastic opportunity for Senior User Experience & Design Engineers who wants to explore the world of Cloud based Development and Deployment within a next generation cloud based enterprise platform. The project involves both transformation and building new services to be offered to customers in "as a service" model.
On a day to day basis you will be developing and testing within an Engineering Scrum Team in an innovative project.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers - Creativity is the key !!
It is expected that you bring your own experience and ideas to the development and you will responsible for developing a standard of high quality UI/UX design in an agile environment.
Skills / Experience:
* A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT /Engineering
* Very strong knowledge of latest UI frameworks and design techniques - usability, responsiveness
* Strong portfolio of UX projects
* Experience with story-boarding and wire-framing - quick prototyping
* Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
* Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers and stakeholders
* Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
* Excellent English and Communication skills essential
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work as a member of a high performing engineering scrum team
Technical Skills / Experience:
* Proven competence in large scale SPA development
* Front end architecture patterns
* Client side testing (unit, BIT, acceptance, performance)
* Familiar with latest web standards including
* HTML5 APIs e.g. Serviceworkers, Web Components
* Latest ECMAscript standard including transpilers (e.g. Babel)
* CSS3 including common frameworks (LESS) and methods (BEM)
* Familiar with popular JS frameworks and libs including
* Popular app frameworks (e.g. React, Angular)
* Build and packaging systems (e.g. Webpack, NPM)
* Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
* Proficient with APIs and service oriented architectures
* Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
Nice to have:
* Experience working in an Agile environment with Engineering scrum teams is an added advantage
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland.