FRS Recruitment are urgently seeking a talented, ambitious and creative Software Developer to join our client, an internationnaly renowned Gaming Company based in Galway!
Our client is seeking an outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic developer, who will be able to communicate and work across a number of groups and individuals to be part of a larger community.
This position offers the chance to impact the day to day work of thousands of developers across the company, so if you are looking for the chance to be creative, and make a difference, please apply below!!
What is required for the role:
* A minimum of 4+ years of technology industry experience.
* A minimum of 2+ years of experience developing client-server, web, and/or cloud technologies used in either games, data processing, web sites or game online services
* Experience with modern web development tools and frameworks based on .NET (ASP.NET, WebAPI, .NET MVC, ect.), Java (Spring, Struts, Play!, or others), or others (Ruby, Python, PHP, ect.)
* Experience working with platform as a service (PAAS) offerings such as Heroku, Google App Engine, and Elastic Beanstalk is highly desireable.
* Knowledge of HTTP and how to design and interact with RESTful web services is expected.
* Experience with and/or exposure to micro-services
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge of architecting and building scalable, resilient and performant web services
* Knowledge of the software lifecycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration.
* Demonstrated problem solving and innovation skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible - able to adapt plans and react to change, capable of delegating responsibility and triage to other engineers on their team as a leader
* Working knowledge of deployment and management systems utilizing containerization (Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes)
* Knowledge of non-relational (NoSQL) databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or Couchbase.
* Experience or desire to learn functional programming concepts through languages such as Scala, F#, Erlang, or others.
* Experience with Video Game development is a plus
* Knowledge of test automation and/or development process improvements.
o A genuine interest in keeping up with technical trends in the software and video game industry and applying this knowledge to the role.
o Excellent communication skills, including verbal, face-to-face, written and presentation.
o Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills
Please apply below!
Keywords: .Net, Java, PHP, MVC, Galway, Galway Jobs, Games Development, Irish Jobs, Software Jobs, Software Developer