Location: Galway, Ireland
We are searching for a software engineer to work with our many team to develop a framework designed to assist other engineers in rapidly creating web applications and tools that facilitate needs discovered by game teams as part of the production process. This framework will touch the daily working lives of every software developer and member of Quality Verification across the company, and your work will be central to its development.
The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across of groups and individuals to be part of a larger community. This role has the opportunity to impact the day to day work of thousands of developers across our company, as such, the ability to drive towards a wider vision is a must.
* A minimum of 4+ years of technology industry experience.
* A minimum of 2+ years of experience developing client-server, web, and/or cloud technologies used in either games, data processing, web sites or game online services
* Experience with modern web development tools and frameworks based on .NET (ASP.NET, WebAPI, .NET MVC, ect.), Java (Spring, Struts, Play!, or others), or others (Ruby, Python, PHP, ect.)
* Experience working with platform as a service (PAAS) offerings such as Heroku, Google App Engine, and Elastic Beanstalk is highly desireable.
* Knowledge of HTTP and how to design and interact with RESTful web services is expected.
* Experience with and/or exposure to micro-services
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge of architecting and building scalable, resilient and performant web services
* Knowledge of the software lifecycle, modern testing methods and good understanding of continuous integration.
* Demonstrated problem solving and innovation skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
* Working knowledge of deployment and management systems utilizing containerization (Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes)
* Knowledge of non-relational (NoSQL) databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or Couchbase.
* Experience or desire to learn functional programming concepts through languages such as Scala, F#, Erlang, or others.
* Experience with Video Game development is a plus
* Knowledge of test automation and/or development process improvements.
* A genuine interest in keeping up with technical trends in the software and video game industry and applying this knowledge to the role.
* Excellent communication skills, including verbal, face-to-face, written and presentation.
* Excellent detail-oriented, problem solving skills
* Experience working cross functionally with teams that are distributed across multiple different geographic regions
* Able to quickly assess situations, troubleshoot complex problems and keep a calm head under tight time constraints and high pressure.