This is a rare opportunity to work on a relatively greenfield site within an established and secure organisation. My client have recently restructured a lot of their IT department and have focused on implementing DevOps and trying to drive automation throughout the business.
The successful candidate will come in at a senior level in release management and will need to have previous experience of managing deployments, automating the overall deployment pipeline and implementing a strategy to release and automation across multiple areas.
There won't specifically be engineers reporting to you as their manager but you will manage projects and process and also lead the more junior release engineers on the team throughout project life cycles. The split will be about 70/30 in favour of hands on technical work against project management and planning.
* 5+ years working in release engineering/management.
* Strong experience with automation (deployment/configuration management).
* Strong hands on experience with build tools like Subversion, Maven/Ant.
* Strong Jenkins experience.
* A background in Java development would be highly desirable.
* Strong exposure to tools like puppet/chef/ansible would be a huge bonus.
* Excellent scripting skills. (powershell, Unix Shell)
* Exposure to testing tools would be desirable. (Selenium, Load runner etc)
* A strong communicator who can lead projects and speak comfortably with senior managemenent.
If you'd be interested in applying, send across your CV immediately or contact Adam Whitehurst at Reperio for more information.
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.