The Systems Engineer works as a member of the central quality engineering team, responsible for the continued development of our infrastructure capabilities and expand support for technology stacks used to deliver mission critical tools and services to our partner game teams. This position focuses on leveraging .NET and Windows technologies as well as Java and Linux based deployments in the support of current services.
* Supports and maintains the current online infrastructure, working with developers to deploy online game development tools and services.
* Works with developers to investigate and design future online infrastructures in support of new features and services.
* Responds to outages and alerts quickly to ensure availability of our online services.
* Works with leadership to refine processes that support a culture of quality and high availability.
* Automates processes to increase efficiencies wherever possible.
* Helps architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
* Instrument and improve on monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues.
* Maintains deployment software and tools (Jenkins, Chef etc.)
* Work closely with developers to ensure on time delivery of services.
* Participates in 24x7 on-call support and maintenance activities, as required.
What you need to have:
* BS Degree in MIS/Computer science or equivalent industry experience
* Expert level technical knowledge in Windows Systems Administration and the operation of .NET services inside and outside of IIS.
* Knowledge of essential operational support of databases, including SQL Server, MySQL, and others.
* Strong technical knowledge in Linux Systems Administration desired.
* Experience using AWS in the deployment and development of .NET and Java based services.
* Knowledge of NAS and SAN based storage devices (NetApp, XIO) including storage technologies (CIFS, NFS, iSCSI)
* Knowledge of virtualisation (VMware Workstation, VMware ESX, VirtualBox, Microsoft HyperV)
* Experience in monitoring, reporting and alerting using industry leading tools. (Sensu, Zabbix, TICK etc.). An eye for solving issues with better monitoring.
* Experience with Orchestration and Configuration Management tools such as Chef and native Active Directory tools, such as Group Policy.
* Strong infrastructure automation skills - automating tasks in Powershell, Ruby, and Python primarily but other programming languages are welcome as well; the more the better.
* Experience with the use of Terraform, Openshift, Kubernetes is a huge plus.
* Experience with automating server and software deployments, along with build processes, updating existing scripts, and writing new ones as necessary.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria apply today or get in touch directly!