Fantastic opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator to join a market-leading software house based in Cork City. My Client is a fast paced, expanding company which offers huge scope for progression within the company, while utilising the latest technologies. The culture is very much employee focused and encourage creativity from employees allowing you to take ownership of your projects.
· Manage the infrastructure and product support function
· Be proactive in making sure the product is running efficiently and effectively
· Work closely with the development team and also advise on any issues / observations when the product is running on production
· Be involved in the design and looking at iterations as they are released
· Documentation updates for changes or new implementations
· Extensive Linux knowledge (ideally Debian based)
· Extensive knowledge of the TCP/IP stack
· Ability to troubleshoot server connectivity issues
· Working experience with common Linux based network services like Bind9, Apache, Nginx, Syslog, NTP
· Thorough knowledge of virtualisation products such as KVM and VMware
· Experience with Ansible and similar tools
· Ability to undertake medium-sized IT projects
Technology Stack: Linux, OpenStack, KVM, Foreman, Docker, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, MySQL, pfSense, Mikrotik, Tomcat app servers, HAproxy and NGINX, Java and Python applications, continuous build environment, open source technologies.