Pre-sales Network Engineer
The Pre-sales Network Engineer must be able to articulate the company's technology and product portfolio, positioning benefits to both business and technical needs.
Responsibilities & Key Objectives
* To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine business drivers and ensuring that all necessary technical information is collated prior to producing a business driven solution
* Provide the lead in large bids, understanding customer requirements, creating the solution, and documenting it so that the customer fully understands the solution which can deliver upon
* Upon sales completion, the solutions engineer will have documented the solution, worked with service delivery on a high level project plan, and will remain in customer contact to ensure the successful delivery of the solution.
* Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to channel partners and internal stakeholders
* Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations
* Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products
* Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
* Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development frame work
* Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer
* Take the Lead in technical customer workshops.
* Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts etc.
Skills & Experience
* Excellent communication skills, in both commercial and technology environments
* Professional oral, written and interpersonal skills
* Strong understanding of WAN and CPE QoS technologies including traffic prioritization and traffic shaping.
* A very good understanding of security, specifically how it applies in an MPLS WAN environment. While not mandatory, a good knowledge of Fortinet firewall products and IDS & IPS services would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of Cirpack and Genband voice switches would be advantageous
* Working knowledge of current security issues and technologies concerning the industry.
* Good working knowledge of Internet connectivity methods including xDSL and Ethernet services using copper and fibre presentation.
* Excellent understanding of VPN technologies including IPSEC and MPLS VPNs
* Having CCNP level certification or higher would be a distinct advantage.
* Minimum 5 years' previous experience in a Solutions/Presales Engineer technical role
* Ability to develop effective working relationships internally and externally at a variety of levels
* Organised and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
* The overall ability to combine technical knowledge, with a keen business sense, is essential in this role.