Software Engineer/C# .Net/Co. Dublin/Ireland
Sector: Financial Services
Location: Co. Dublin
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is Ireland's leading life insurance and Pensions Company, offering pensions, investments, life assurance and financial planning services.
They offer challenging and diverse careers and very competitive remuneration packages. They also support a philosophy of continuous learning and development and have a range of policies to support staff and help them in their efforts to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be working in a very, challenging, fast paced environment, working within the IT & Change Team and reporting to the Information Systems Manager.
Our client is looking for an ambitious individual with strong potential and self-motivation, who has the people skills to perform in the continuous customer-facing aspect of this role. They want someone who is curious and has a desire to learn, to gain an understanding of our business and use that to effect positive change. This is a great opportunity to be part of dynamic IT team and to work directly with business users in an organisation on an exciting growth trajectory. Our client has an ambitious roadmap for their administration platform, website, digital and automation systems and application development. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on the latest developments and innovations.
* Develop value-added software solutions/applications using appropriate technologies to meet the specific needs of business areas within the Irish Life Health Business in a flexible and agile manner.
* Apply principles and practice of software engineering in the design, development, maintenance, and testing of software & systems to ensure high quality output and accurate delivery of business functionality.
* Integrate systems, packages, applications, and platforms to maximise straight-through-processing, reduce business risk, and improve efficiency.
* Maintain and provide second, third, and out-of-hours support for the Irish Life Health systems.
Skills / Experience:
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to focus on the customer and deliver to deadlines
* The ability to absorb information and get up to speed quickly with business processes and systems
* Drive & resilience to take initiative
* High levels of dependability, flexibility, enthusiasm, supportiveness, involvement, openness, and clarity
* 2-3 years' experience in a similar technical support role, ability to demonstrate Open Source or personal projects desirable.
* Strong experience with C# and .NET platform including .NET Core.
* Experience with ASP.NET (ASP Core) using MVC framework.
* Understanding of SQL/Entity Framework and API concepts.
* Ability to perform unscripted subject related triage and leverage established technical knowledge not available in knowledgebase.
* Ability to work within deadlines and to service level agreements
Nice to have: