Our client is currently seeking experienced developers for their Dublin office. The role will involve working with a mixed team of front-end, full-stack, back-end and mobile developers, and close collaboration with their Product Design team.
Familiarity with a specific technology is not as important as a strong desire to learn and a delight in seeing your software in the hands of customers. They are building a scalable and resilient backend system which processes billions of events on a daily basis and handles thousands of requests per second, and a modern and beautiful web interface. They use a wide range of technologies, including Java, Ruby on Rails, AWS, Hadoop, Presto DB, React, Redux, and many more, and they are looking for developers who can contribute in one or more of these areas.
Who are they?
They are a rapidly growing software company with offices in the heart of the City Centre adjacent to some of the best pubs and restaurants Dublin has to offer. They have a comprehensive mobile marketing platform for enterprise companies to design, deliver and automate mobile interactions and campaigns that engage their users. With deep analytic capabilities and sophisticated engagement tools on top of a real-time engine, their global team is building the next generation of marketing technology—already on 2+ billion mobile devices worldwide—and they are just getting started.
What qualities are they looking for?
• A passion for development coupled with a keen interest in exploring and using the right technologies for the task at hand.
• Desire to work in environment where you are shipping code frequently to high availability, high scale services handling 100,000+ requests/second, without downtime.
• The ability to suggest and get up to speed with new technologies or development practices as they are introduced.
• Great communicator, who thrives working in cross-functional product development teams.
• Highly motivated individual and a strong customer advocate, focused on contributing to the user experience.
What will you be doing?
• Working closely with their product and customer teams, using your broad knowledge of their stack to move easily between their many services and technologies, and building out powerful features and improvements.
• Broadening your skill-set, as you work across their stack, getting exposed and skilling up quickly in a wide range of technologies.
• Ensuring that we are taking advantage of the latest technologies, tools and practices; keeping abreast of upcoming platform updates and trends.
• Being an active participant in peer code reviews and release retrospectives; helping maintain high development standards across the team, striving for continuous improvement.
• Contributing directly to discussions and development of our product.
If you are interested in the Senior Software Engineer role please click on apply now or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.