Senior Java Developer (Full Stack)
Job Reference: BBBH10726
A leading international financial services company who are currently expanding their inhouse Software Development team have an opening for an experienced Full Stack Java Developer with expertise / experience building JVM based applications to scale.
Based in London (close to London Briigdge), this permanent role will see the successful candidate work within a high-performance team responsible for developing and maintaining the company's software applications.
This is an exciting position, with a highly competitive salary and benefits package (including bonus).
* Build and maintain high-quality software components using Agile methodologies in both D2C and B2B websites, targeting both mobile and desktop platforms
* Ensure software is built in a standard, consistent manner by creating and maintaining unit tests as part of TDD (Test Driven Development) and following development procedures, style guides, etc.
* Support deployments where necessary
* Build health monitors and ensure code performance meets agreed standards
* Contribute to the platform logical architecture definition
* Participate in development in an Agile SCRUM environment
Qualifications and Skills (Essential):
* Qualified to degree level (2:1 or above)
* Excellent, in-depth Java knowledge and experience
* Experience building and consuming Rest APIs
* Demonstrable experience of Groovy (other JVM languages considered)
* Demonstrable experience building internet-facing websites using Grails (other frameworks considered)
* Experience of planning and implementing solutions using Agile development processes such as SCRUM, TDD
* A background in building JVM based applications at scale
* Full stack Java capability
* Demonstrable ability to deliver high quality products to sometimes challenging timescales
* Ability to deal with non-standard requests/work, often at short notice
Technology stack includes:
* Spring Boot
* Restful APIs
* HTML5, CSS3
Desirable Experience (Not Essential):
* Understanding of insurance industry
* Experience of cloud based development (AWS)
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +353 (0)21 2028035.