Our client is a leading global financial services firm with significant operations in Ireland. This is an excellent job opportunity based in Meath for an experienced Project Manager with strong experience in delivery and with business transformation and change experience, coupled with strong systems change experience.
Job purpose & responsibilities:
This is a key role on a new strategic project focused on ensuring all tax and regulatory obligations are defined, documented and implemented within the company and its service providers. The role holder will work closely with the Change Management team, business subject matter experts, Operations, IT and external data providers to define, design, document and implement system and process improvements in business critical functions.
• Lead a number of key projects and initiatives to ensure they are compliant with all of their corporate and policy holder tax requirements.
• Conduct a full GAP analysis of current processes and practices and make recommendation for change where necessary.
• In conjunction with all stakeholders’ identity, develop and implement a workable solution to existing processes including a revision of the existing interim spreadsheet system to a preferably more automated.
• Management of cross functional project teams, working closely with: Operations, Finance, IT, Risk Management, Actuarial, Compliance and the Executive Management teams.
• Hands on involvement in the operational implementation of process and procedural changes.
• Implementation of required enhancements to core administration systems.
• Implementation of in-house developed system solutions.
• Day to day management of the delivery of services from external providers to the project team.
• Responsibility for project communication and management of all stakeholders.
• Project issue management with escalation as required to Project Sponsor and Head of Change Management.
• Engagement with all project stakeholders.
Required Qualification & Experience:
• At least 5-7 years’ experience as a project manager, with proven track record in the delivery of process and system improvements.
• Recognised project management qualification (PMP, PRINCE2);
• Experience in software development lifecycle;
• Agile project management experience;
• Proficiency in project management tools e.g. MS Project;
• Good verbal and written communication skills and an ability to liaise between business and technical professionals and external data providers;
• Technically competent, to include know how or knowledge some or all of the following: SQL Server databases, MS SharePoint, MS Dynamics CRM, UI design, web technologies, Business Intelligence tools, .NET development;
• Knowledge of the financial services, life insurance or investment management sectors is desired;
• Previous experience as a business analyst is a distinct advantage.
To apply for the Project Manager (IT / Financial Services) role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000, or click on apply now.