Our client is a leading global financial services firm with significant operations in Ireland. They have an excellent job opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to assist them with a significant number of business transformation projects. They have a flexible and warm work culture and a strong career path.
You will provide Business Analysis, System Analysis, Testing, UAT Support, Production Support, Project Management and Relationship Management Services to multiple stakeholders internally and externally.
This role requires a combination of detailed business knowledge together with an understanding of the technical systems required to run a Financial Services business.
The purpose of this role is to ensure tax and regulatory obligations are defined, documented and implemented within the company and its service providers.
• Gather, document, agree and organise sign-off of business requirements. Use skills and techniques in business analysis tasks to create clear and accurate requirements; become competent in the use of BA business analysis techniques by applying project work.
• Investigate/Analyse operational requirements and problems, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in information systems, data management, processes/procedures, organisation and equipment by using model business processes (modelling from “As Is” to “To Be”), information flows, etc.
• Assist in defining, planning and justifying (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes, i.e. ensure stakeholder buy-in, selling solutions, etc.
• Proficient in the selection and application of information gathering methods, tools and techniques which are appropriate to the information required and the sources available (Workshops, Shadowing, Interviews, Prototypes, Questionnaires)
• Documents all requirements gathering using the required standards, methods and tools from the company Lifecycle Methodology which includes templates such as 1)Project Brief/PID (Project Initiation Document), 2) Project Plan, 3) Business Requirement Document, 4) System Test Plan, 5) Test
Required / Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• Must have 5-10 years’ Business Analysis experience, At least 3 years’ experience within the financial services sector (preferably insurance) in related roles.
• Project Management skills required.
• Demonstrated ability in implementing technological solutions for enhancing business processes.
• Process re-engineering.
• The role requires conceptual thinking and working from first principles and requires a right first time attitude.
• Actively spots new methodologies and opportunities for change.
• Experience with Agile and Lean viewed favourably.
To apply for the Finance / IT Business Analyst role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000 or click on apply now.