Snap-on Incorporated is a $3.4 billion leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of tool and equipment solutions for professional technicians, motor service shop owners, specialty repair centres, original equipment manufacturers, and industrial tool users world-wide. Product lines include hand and power tools, diagnostics and shop equipment, tool storage products, diagnostics software and other solutions for the transportation and industrial service industries.
Snap-on's mission is to create value by providing innovative solutions to the transportation service and industrial markets worldwide. Snap-on has long been the leader in producing the highest quality hand tools for the professional technician, but today, Snap-on is more than a hand tool company. Today, Snap-on surrounds its customers with a full range of capabilities.
Snap-on's present and future success is driven by its competitive advantages. These advantages give substance to Snap-on's ambitions, shape its strategies and define the essence of its value as an investment and an institution. Snap-on has assembled the industry's most complete portfolio of technology solutions and has the development capabilities to address the service challenges of tomorrow.
The Cork facility is one of several Snap-on global engineering sites and employs over 70 development professionals. The Vehicle Communication Software (VCS) team consists of 30 people within the Cork facility, operating within a wider team of employees located in the US, China, Australia, Brazil and Mexico.
Position Summary: The successful candidate will be involved in development of information for vehicle diagnostic equipment. The candidate will need to have a good understanding and experience of automotive diagnostics, including the ability to read and understand diagnostic data and carry out procedures for the repair and maintenance of vehicles.
- Experience with vehicle diagnostic equipment including the ability to read/understand diagnostic data and carry out procedures for the repair and maintenance of vehicles.
- Comfortable working around vehicle electronic and electrical systems. Capable of removing and replacing automotive components.
- Ability to read and interpret vehicle wiring diagrams.
- Comfortable with the latest vehicle technologies and diagnostic procedures used within the automotive industry.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3 + years automotive experience with knowledge of vehicle electronic and electrical systems
- Computer skills including knowledge of Excel and Word.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
KEY TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the development of content and test procedures for automotive diagnostic tools.
- Use experience to guide development of future content required by Automotive Technicians.
- Author’s data to support diagnosis of specific vehicle faults.
- The majority of the successful candidate’s time will be spent on this activity.
- Consults with software engineers and other engineering staff to develop new features for our vehicle diagnostic products.
· Any other duties requested by Manager
- Office based, with some travel requirements
- Self motivated
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Team player
- Competitive package for this full time position
- Health Insurance
- Pension contributions
- Office hours
- 26 days holidays plus public holidays
If you are interested in this vacancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference vacancy VCS_035.
Closing date for applications is the 20