Snap-on Incorporated is a $3.4 billion leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of tool and equipment solutions for professional technicians, motor service shop owners, specialty repair centres, original equipment manufacturers, and industrial tool users world-wide. Product lines include hand and power tools, diagnostics and shop equipment, tool storage products, diagnostics software and other solutions for the transportation and industrial service industries.
Snap-on's mission is to create value by providing innovative solutions to the transportation service and industrial markets worldwide. Snap-on has long been the leader in producing the highest quality hand tools for the professional technician, but today, Snap-on is more than a hand tool company. Today, Snap-on surrounds its customers with a full range of capabilities.
Snap-on's present and future success is driven by its competitive advantages. These advantages give substance to Snap-on's ambitions, shape its strategies and define the essence of its value as an investment and an institution. Snap-on has assembled the industry's most complete portfolio of technology solutions and has the development capabilities to address the service challenges of tomorrow.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an experienced vehicle technician or diagnostic specialist who wishes to progress in their career. The successful candidate will work in the core development of diagnostic software with one of the leading companies in the field. Working as part of the team and on your own, you will have the opportunity to develop a very good understanding of vehicle communication protocols, new vehicle technologies and expand your knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
This position involves the gathering and development of information for Vehicle diagnostic equipment. Working remotely, you will leverage on your contacts with the motor industry to develop a network of test sites consisting of dealerships and independent sites. Using these sites and contacts to source specific vehicles, you will test with the latest development software and make communication recordings. You will play a critical role in the validation of our diagnostic software to ensure the highest quality in our deliverables to maintain Snap-on Diagnostics' leading market position in the automotive diagnostics industry.
Essential Skills required for the role:
· Ability to establish and maintain a network of vehicle test sites
· Understanding of vehicle technology, including demonstrated good knowledge of vehicle diagnostics.
· Completing on board vehicle testing, recordings and live data analysis.
· Comfortable working around vehicle electronic and electrical systems. Capable of removing and replacing automotive components, returning the vehicle to equal or better than before condition.
· Ability to understand Automotive Technicians diagnostics needs.
· Accepts responsibility for multiple projects, time sharing between multiple projects, and reporting weekly activity status.
· Consults with Applications and Software Engineers to develop new features for our vehicle diagnostic products.
· Ability to provide good quality feedback of issues found under test
· Detailed reporting of issues found during test in bug tracking software.
· Compiling a detailed weekly matrix on test results and issues found.
· Good dealership and independent contacts in the motor industry
- Good PC Skills including very good knowledge of Excel and Word.
- 4 + years automotive experience with knowledge of vehicle electronic and electrical systems
- An interest in and experience with Vehicle Diagnostic Equipment including ability to read and understand diagnostic data and perform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to plan and organize working week.
· A good attention to detail is important to ensure all issues are reported accurately.
- Ability to provide good quality feedback of issues found under test.
· Excellent English both written and verbal.
· Must be able to work individually but also as part of a team.
· Excellent opportunity to join an industry leader at the forefront of diagnostic software development.
· Company van and phone provided
· Flexi time working hours
· Opportunities for Industry related training and development
If you are interested in this vacancy please email email@example.com and reference vacancy VCS-041
Closing date for applications is: Friday 20