Our client is a highly recognised global financial services firm who set up an innovation lab in Dublin a few years ago. They have a remuneration package second to none and you will have the opportunity to work on high profile very visible global projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for a confident individual who wishes to work on a strategic re-engineering programme, allowing them to build their analytical, functional and client facing skills within an Investment Banking environment.
The Business Analyst will liaise daily with subject matter experts across multiple areas of the Bank with a view to gaining the required understanding of data quality issues to enable these to be remediated in a fashion that will ultimately prevent their recurrence.
As a person, will be a self-starter, analytical and able to work independently. Any experience of reverse engineering projects would be a big advantage. A key attribute of this role is helping to create a collaborative environment ensuring that the collective investment that the Bank has made in building knowledge and techniques for data management are harnessed in the most efficient manner possible.
• Assist stream lead for each area of focus in managing the relationship with Functional stakeholders and Global Technology partners
• Manage multiple investigations simultaneously
• Where appropriate, collaborate with colleagues in the Data Lab, to conduct analysis of data in support of remediation of data quality issues
• Participate in internal/external working groups directly and indirectly related to MIS, metrics and regulatory reporting
• Contribute to project streams delivering against planned book of work for data remediation
• Gather and deliver business requirements from data users
• Arrange and chair meetings with business stakeholders and Technology teams to ensure new requirements are understood, complete and accurate
• Identify and co-ordinate any training requirements resulting from process changes and Root cause analysis on known manual adjustments to the data
Technical Skills & Experience
• Experience in Business Analysis and Financial Services.
• Experience working in an Investment Bank preferably
• Good analytical and problem solving experience
• Knowledge of business analysis methods and tools
• Experience in data root cause analysis
• Good documentation skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
• Experience in collating data requirements logically
• Excellent communication both written and verbal with the ability to communicate with senior stakeholders
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills to aid root cause analysis
• Ability to identify and interpret stakeholders needs and requirements
• Ability to work in virtual teams and matrix organizations
• Ability to commit and prioritize work duties and tasks
• Ability to work in fast paced environment
• Ability to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
• Experience in data standard initiatives
• Understanding of Relational Databases
• Knowledge of Regulatory Risk, Trade Systems or Financial areas of a bank
To apply for the Senior Technical Business Analyst role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000 or click on apply now.